Sex-Positivity – Self-Love – Starting the Revolution
Have you been just giddy with anticipation? I certainly have been. So let’s continue the conversation with an overview of possibly the greatest invention of the past century: the clitoral vibrator.
As you know, the clitoris is the female body’s pleasure center, packed with 8,000 nerve endings and designed for no other biological purpose than to produce sexy fun-time. Clitoral vibrators are built to stimulate this fantastic area (and surrounding areas) without being inserted for penetration. For this reason, they are often either too small for penetration (you don’t want things getting lost in there…) or shaped in a way that makes penetration impossible or uncomfortable. If penetration is your thing, keep it in your pants for next week’s review of G-spot vibrators.
But if clitoral stimulation is your thing (and it is at least part of the package deal for most women), read on and enjoy.
Fun fact: only 30% of women can orgasm from vaginal penetrative sex alone. The other 70% of us require clitoral stimulation to get off.
The first variety of clitoral vibrator I’d like to talk about is the bullet (or mini) vibrator.
If I can interject first with a personal anecdote: it was December of my senior year of high school. I was still pre-orgasmic: had never successfully gotten off with a partner or just by myself, despite how hard I tried! I was getting a little desperate and disappointed. Lo and behold, I opened my Christmas present from my best friend and found what looked like a tiny red lipstick with a button on the end. Only a month later, I had my first real orgasm using this magnificent little plastic bullet vibrator.
Bullets are wonderful because they’re small, easy to travel with, still provide powerful vibrations, and are often quieter than larger vibrators. Most bullets are not rechargeable and require regular battery changes, but you can definitely find rechargeable ones if you want. Lots of women like bullets as well because they’re approximately the size of a finger, and thus can feel more like you’re not using a toy (if you’re into that).
So what does a bullet look like? Well… it usually looks about the size and shape of a bullet. Bullet vibes vary in color, texture, and material, but they vary much less in size. They are generally between 2” and 4” long, and have a diameter of ½” to 1”.
Bullets can be used in the same way that fingers can: to rub against, circle, tap, massage, rock back and forth on, stroke, and/or apply pressure to your clit. They can also be used with lube to create a more slippery sensation, which can also feel more “natural” to lots of women.
Coming up next: finger-vibes and more clitoral vibrators.